Naoshi Komi (古味直志, Komi Naoshi) is a male Japanese manga artist best known for his series Double Arts. Naoshi Komi was born on March 28, 1986 in the Kochi Prefecture, Japan. Naoshi is known for his fantastical artwork and unique storylines.
Naoshi started drawing manga since elementary school and went to the Department of Fine Arts in Yusuhara high school were he further improved his art. Naoshi also studied at the art school in Hyōgo Prefecture, Kobe on the island Honshu which he graduated from.
Manga career Edit
Naoshi is known to publish his work in the popular Japanese manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump, but most of his works consist of one-shot pieces. Naoshi's first official work Double Art debuted in Jump in 2008, but was canceled after it's third volume. Naoshi remained faithful to Jump and launched his new series Nisekoi which achieved popularity in Japan.
Manga works Edit
- 2007: Akamaru Jump — Island
- 2007: Weekly Shōnen Jump — Koi no Kami-sama
- 2007: Weekly Shōnen Jump — Williams
- 2008: Young Magazine — Apple
- 2008: Weekly Shōnen Jump — Double Arts
- 2008: Jump Square — Personant
- 2011 - 2016: Weekly Shōnen Jump — Nisekoi
- 2012: Weekly Shōnen Jump — Nisekoi and Haikyū = Nisekyū!! (with Haruichi Furudate)
- 2013: Weekly Shōnen Jump Nisekoi x Ore Monogatari = Ore Koi!! (with Kawahara Kazune)
- Naoshi's favorite manga's are: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Death Note, Battle Angel Alita, Yotsuba&!, and One Piece.
- His hobbies are: Sight seeing and taking leisure walks.
- Naoshi Komi stated in a interview that his biggest influence is One Piece.